badge

Friday, December 16, 2011

The story behind my profile picture………….


The Little Animator
Many people have asked me about my profile picture. Some have assumed that it is one of those software applications which have sketched it out for me. In fact, this is the birthday present from my son Rayyan, which is the best gift I have received from someone. This picture is very close to my heart and it is going to be my profile picture on bloggers, facebook, twitter, Indiblogger and other sites until he comes up with something better for me.
Rayyan has been interested in sketching and drawing since his childhood. He sketched me when he was three or four years old. 

He loved arts and wanted to make a career out of it. But knowing our education system, it is easy to guess it was not easy. People kept holding him back, discouraging him that this was not possible. Everyone said it is good for hobby, but not for profession. Though as a mother I supported him, I too made a lot of wrong decisions along with him and other people who had a say in our lives. Finally he is now doing Animation Engineering course in Arena, Bangalore. He sounds so happy with what he is doing even though he has to stay away from home.
                            
Within weeks he surprised me with his work and I have been a proud Mom. He secretly sketched this photo and sent it to me on my birthday. It was a lovely present and I love it so much. Thank you so much Rayyan. Wish you all best in animation adventure…..


  







15 comments:

  1. Wonderful and a gifted child :)
    actually i thought your profile pic as MAMATA BANERJEE :) it was so true and real, great art :)
    http://deepakkarthikspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Farida, you have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award

    Check this out; http://www.smilewidabha.com/2011/12/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those are some nice sketches. It is always a tough decision, to make interest a profession, very well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me smile from my heart. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Farida u made a very intelligent decision that u supported ur child. He will definetely touch skies.

    N wish u a v v happy bday dear!

    God Bless U
    Love
    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  6. he is extremely talented. and the profile pic that he drew of you that is the sweetest gesture
    i particularly like your drawing he made when he was 3-4 :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Art!!!! He's very talented and kudos to you for supporting him. Obviously he's sure to make a mark of his own...Best Wishes to son and mom. The profile pic is a Fabulous one!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the work.... he will go on and become a great artist...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading your posts always give me goosebumps.. each word is heartfelt and it never fails to touch my heart..

    Wonderful sketches, so beautiful! Love the profile pic! Rayyan is an artist in the making, I wish him a successful future ahead, full of colors :)

    PS: Many many congratulations for the winning the contest.. May you win many more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loved this post!

    what a brilliant art and what a lovely story. he's indeed so talented.

    happy holidays, my dearest!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an inspiration he is! I know he's going to go far with his talents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was the answer on my question on the new post :)

    He will absolutely make it as an artist :)
    I have no doubt :)

    ReplyDelete

Your Opinion Matters....

AddThis

Rayyan Lost in Laptop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
badge